Sunday, April 9, 2017

An ode to crappy wool!

Sorry it's been quiet. I've been on my first holiday abroad with my husband; Rome.  Interesting place but will share photos later as I'm shattered.. Walked miles and put weight on?  How does that work?

Anyway, I did take my crochet....which led to this being written last night as I unpacked!

An Ode to Dodgy Wool by G. French (me)

Last week, I had a jolly,
I went to visit Rome,
I took my crochet with me,...
Which inspired this little poem.

I decided on my pattern
And chose the colour blue
I'd been given a request you see,
Which I accepted, like a fool.

"Please can you make a cardi,
for a lovely little boy?
A pretty, little baby,
He fills our hearts with joy."

"I'll give a nice donation,
To your very worthy cause."
I found myself agreeing,
Without a single pause.

But....
As the days went on,
I felt something wasn't right.
My tension kept on swaying,
From loose to downright tight.

At first I thought the fault was me,
Reacting to the heat,
And so I kept on working,
Refusing to be beat.

The wool seemed very stiff to me.
Rough and scratchy too.
Yet still I hooked, and carried on,
T'was all that I could do.

I realised it was no good,
When I finished all the bits.
I should have listened to myself,
and felt a real t*t.

The wool WAS tough and rough and thick,
And not for gentle skin.
So I gathered all my work up,
And shoved it in the bin!

G. French
( I will use what is left to make some little baby toys so not all is lost!)

7 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds exciting! I look forward to pictures. I am sorry about the crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ode - sorry the crochet itself wasn't as successful. Looking forward to your Rome pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading that... shame about the wool
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely ode, but I'm so sorry for what has caused it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! But sorry about it now working out, at least you won't waste it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, such a pretty little baby sweater, Gaynor. And the start of your SAL looks so good.
    I hope that you will soon feel better, my dear.

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website